FTP is Insufficient for Your Enterprise
From the movement of critical files, to batch integration, to the movement of large graphics and catalogs, to synchronization of data with remote locations, companies require secure and reliable data transfer.
While FTP may be considered “free,” it is insufficient for sending and protecting files within and among enterprise, and can put your enterprise at risk. Disadvantages of using FTP as a mechanism for file transfer include the following:
- The secure movement of information must guarantee delivery to the correct destination within a reasonable amount of time…and with the least number of issues possible. Unfortunately, solutions built on FTP are outdated and do not contain the correct resources for management, security or monitoring.
- When a file is lost, or it fails to make its processing window, you risk non-compliance and service level (SLA) penalties.
- Usernames, passwords and files are transferred in clear text. For any organization, this is a major security issue.
- Servers could be spoofed to move information to one random port on an unplanned computer.
- Any firewalls implemented onto a system can inadvertently prevent actual users from accessing enterprise resources. Administrators must modify network permissions for every user…which can become tedious. In addition, since the human element is involved, this process is subject to errors.
- FTP server administrators must be aware of how to support the many FTP clients and which are compatible with their server. The cost of purchasing these client licenses could be substantial.
A Proven, Leading Solution: IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct
Fortunately, IBM® Sterling Connect:Direct overcomes these issues, and provides companies the resources and performance they need to manage file transfer between mission-critical applications.
IBM Sterling Connect:Direct is the leading point-to-point, secure file transfer solution that fulfills the need for high-volume, secure, and reliable file delivery between companies. It offers a variety of functions that can be used for billing, secure transfer of sensitive information, and even the synchronization of data-recovery facilities.
The solution supports high volume and high speeds for files of all sizes. Connect:Direct helps you manage batch, high-volume file transfers with guaranteed delivery of information and built-in notifications to ensure around-the-clock automated operation. It automates data exchange across applications, regardless of the platform.
Also, it reduces or eliminates the manual intervention in data delivery, thus considerably improving productivity amongst your employees while ensuring a high level of reliability.
View the IBM two minute explainer for IBM Sterling Connect:Direct below.
Six Sigma Level of Performance
With its Six Sigma Level of performance that ensures successful file transfer every time, Connect:Direct will help you:
- Minimize disruptions caused by errors, improving productivity
- Ensure reliable file delivery
- Gain unprecedented scalability
- Improve security and ensure compliance
- Increase confidence in your file transfer
Your Partner for Connect:Direct Software and Services
To ensure you get the most from the Connect:Direct solution, you need a partner who not only talks about the latest technology, but has the experience and knowledge to actually apply it. That’s Oxford Consulting Group.
As an IBM Premier Partner, Oxford Consulting Group can provide your organization Sterling Connect:Direct software and services to address your needs for secure, managed file transfer. We bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to your IBM Sterling Connect:Direct implementation or upgrade project. Learn more about our Connect:Direct consulting services>>